Water temp gauge ?

tdviper

Does anyone make a water temp gauge for the viper that would allow you to go into the head not inline and not disconnecting the warning light. I was riding on alot of hard pack last night and the light came on. Would like to know what the temp was and still have the warning light on the speedo. Thanks TD

Slp makes one they sell an inline part that goes in the colant hose on the right side. Maxdlx

Was it the orange light that came on along with the water temp icon in the lcd screen?

I scared myself on sunday thinking I was overheating when the orange light came on in my tach but when I loooked closer at the lcd display all I had was a low gas icon.

To my relief I put gas in her and the orange light went out along with the low gas icon.

So now I know when the orange light comes on to stop and check what icons are showing in the lcd display.

Been there done that with the fuel light, already. This time it was the temp. I don't think the sled got that hot, it wasn't boiling and wasn't spitting out any coolant. The snow conditions were poor, frozen no powder to get to the exchangers. If you were to go inline where would you want to place it. Which way does the coolant flow from the bottle to the head or from the head to the bottle? Also what is the max safe temp for the coolant. I don't know what temp the light comes on at so I got a little nervous came on several times and went out. Also ran sled very hard after that and the light never came back on. Ran another 50 miles no light. Thanks TD

Service manual says water temp sensor:

resistance
5.2~6.4Kohm at 34F
0.300~0.364kohm at 176F
0.170~0.208kohm at 212F

Indicator light (on) 194~230F
(off) 185-221F

That will be $45.00 please :)

Try some scratchers from MPI. I have a digital Norskog gauge and when I drop'em it cools the sled an easy 25 degrees. With them Up, it runs right around 155, drop'em and its down to 120-125. Also when everyones 1" lugs are burning hyfax my 1.5" just rolls. Also FYI, I tapped my sensor into the coolant rail just opposite the idiot light sensor to get an accurate measurement.

Back