GPX chaincase cover

bigbuilder

Hello everyone, I have a gpx 433 ....I have had for years. I used to run it but is sat for a few years and now I have it in our shop to get it rolling again.
DUring it's rest period I loaned my chaincase cover to a friend and he lost it. Would anyone be able to tell me what other chaincse cover might fit this machine? My Machine is not original ( looks like a gpx 338 chassis with 433 motor and hood ) so at this point trying to stary original is not a priority. A guy down the road has a couple of 440 ss and an 82 srv ...will the cover from either of these fit ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

Will the srx one fit it?

Problem with a chaincase is I can carry the sled around with me to know if it will fit.

There is a fella down the road with a couple of ss 440 and an 82 srv any idea if any of thse will fit?

THanks for all the help!

bigbuilder said:
Hi,

Will the srx one fit it?

Problem with a chaincase is I can carry the sled around with me to know if it will fit.

There is a fella down the road with a couple of ss 440 and an 82 srv any idea if any of thse will fit?

THanks for all the help!

76-81 Exciter 340/440 sleds used the same cover.

The others are all different.

opsled

Hey Opsled,

Will a STX 340 chaincase cover fit? I found one here locally. The whole sled.

Let me know

Thanks

Hello Opsled.

I definately mean no disrespect but I want to be sure that you are sure?

Just had someone else tell me that they are not the same that the stx has the enticer style.

Just want to make sure that they are the same....

The OWner has sent pictures and everything looks the same....

Thanks

STX is basically a Canadian Exciter from what I know. If it were like an Enticer it would not have a jackshaft and the chaincase would be on the left side. It would be completley diffferent than an Exciter.

I'm in the States and have never owned an STX but every one I've seen including pictures looks just like the early 76-77 Exciters. Enticer is way different.

Google Yamaha STX snowmobile. Look at the what's there and decide
opsled

Just fyi I picked up the stx and they are the same. In fact shares alot of basic things with the GPX.

Just on another note someone said to me the ovation and excel 3 are the same as well? Anyone know if this is true?

I am trying to keep my eye out for all compatible parts.

THanks

Ovation and all enticers (EcelIII is an Enticer) are different.

Exciters, GPX and STX and the only compatable chassis for your needs. SRX's are also of the same base and share some parts but chaincase isn't one of them.

opsled

Last edited:
ok got it.

This is getting a little ridiculus now. I am getting quite a collection ( 8 ) of old yami's behind the shop.

missed this one but OPSLED has been right on plus even thow the srx chain case is different the covers are the same yes the 76-77 exciter or 76-77 STX are pretty much the same as the gpx the 75 gpx is the same only little differences are in the steering hoop suports on the 77 and the clutch guard mounting pin the 76 is identical except the front rear skid holes are a little farther forward on the EX/STX

Back