Need Advice for clutch mods for '01 SXR 500

Rocker

I've done all the research on clutch weights,springs,helix etc...and, I'm still confused.
SXR 500 stock set up..I'm looking for a more efficient setup for aggressive trail riding that won't break the bank.

I'm looking for a quick power transfer and predictable downshift for the corners.

Track is stock with 96 Woody studs...180 lb rider (geared up) 900 ft altitude.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Headin for the Yooper Feb 13 - 19th with 23 other riders, wouldn't mind keepin up with the pack.

:yam:

you might want to try vmax jhons setup from the tec pages. im considering it for mine but have local guru lined up for mine when i finish mods.

The best bang for the buck on a 500 is a roller secondary, especially if you want back shift. Remember, the smaller the motor, the more a roller helps. I would get an ER 911 kit for it. Worth every penny on that sled. Call Dwayne and see if you can get one with a straight 40 or a 42-38. Thats what I have on mine, then if you want to get serious, I'll tell you how to make it run with a 700. I've got 7 seven sleds and this is the smallest. When we went riding last weekend I had to drive the 500.

I wasn't aware you had a 700sxr, oh is that the forum we're on. You could try it against your srx trailer baby, bring it over, or are you afraid to get it dirty. I have a 1000ft outside

BIll we have a 700SXR right up in our rack. I believe you have seen it before, it has a viper seat on it, it weighs roughly 470 pounds. I know you have seen it before. I even let you ride it once. I'll take it over there and eat that 500.

I thought you would be smarter than that and tell me you were gonna come get me with my other 500

C'mon over, don't forget all my fast stuff is not over there...........you can get beat by the 500sx then the 600sx, and that RX is only fast for a couple runs?????

The rx1 is fast forever as long as we bring a refueling tank for the nitrous with us (it has been done before). I keep forgeting why your name is 800 and yet you dont own one. Mine will take all those sleds all day long and it wont even need a breather.

I got snow and a 1000ft run C'mon over and make me a believer, the old 600 hasn't been out yet, have to go check the cabinet and see if I have any fresh cans of whopp a$$ for you. Wouldn't want to give you a stail one, bring the RX too, I think I have it covered especially in a 1000................. actually the lake should be like the salt flats right now, think it will go a half mile on the button?????? Lets go find out

ER 911 Roller

Ok , so this is the ER 911 from Hi Tech Performance...I assume you have this setup on your 500.

Before I invest the bucks....could you tell me what to expect as far as any horsepower gains to the track.

The constant contact roller makes sense as to smoothing out the up and down shifts.

Bottom line for me is to get the sled more efficient transfering HP to the track.

Thanks for the help... :

:rockon: : :confused:

I haven't had the chance to put it on the track dyno, but I'd like to. It's been kinda busy over there with the snow. Anyway, it's obvious while riding that the 500 lacks backshift ability as well as if you catch some air or unload the track you can definately feel the secondary over shift and lug the motor. The ER kit takes all that away. I have a 42 38 in mine, but I don't know if ER has them. I had several made few years back. They generally have straight angles, so see if he has a 40.
What I didn't like was the severe over shift down low of the stock weights. You let the sled roll out to about 20 mph and you can feel the weights fall over the hump. I ended up with Viper weights in mine. Without doing the minor mods I did I don't know if yours will pull all the weight I have in mine. The weights should work with just a little less weight in them. If you want to try this set-up let me know I'll tell you what springs to run.
If you really want to snap it up, have someone take .008 off the head and send me your cyls, I'll put some extra intakes in them, that really wakes it up.....

lol i have the roller secondary. its a hauck with waaaay to much helix but it is gettin put on my et410 cause it needs the help in the powder bad.

Back