vmax 4 ignition

BETHEVIPER

Life Member
What pulse output per revolution is my 95 vmax4? I am going to try to use a rx1 gauge on my sled and need to know what I need to convert

Well

In motocross they usually let you enter the vintage class if your bike is 10 years old or older.......so yes, it's definately vintage. And like Scott said, to confirm that it is vintage just ride one some day!

Madmatt

not sure if for track or trail. either way, it will get a hydralic brake better gauges. I would like to convert to rx1 style. was hoping someone who has hooked up a vdo had figured out what the pulse was already. once I know that, I can have something made to change the pulse to run the tach. the gauge pod that comes on them is already the size of the gauge.
cant believe these sleds were legal for sale with a cable brake.

Lol!

Sorry Tony but when you put a bump or turns or worse yet a stop sign in front of them they are vintage!!

Mdmatt

How about

OK, now seriously. Did you try going to VDO or EGT's website and looking up the installation instructions......I think those manuals might have a list to show how many pulses per revolution. Kinda suprised MRVIPER doesn't know this one off the top of his head.

Madmatt

Madmatt said:
Sorry Tony but when you put a bump or turns or worse yet a stop sign in front of them they are vintage!!

Mdmatt
HELL MATT, THEY WERE VINTAGE WHEN THEY WERE NEW IF YOU LOOK AT IT THAT WAY. lol. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

Lol!

I guess you are right Tony. No doubt they are really cool sleds. I actually never owned one of them......which is probably a good thing. I was pretty wild (pre married with children)....if I owned a V4 back then I might not be here today!

Madmatt

4 pulses per revolution on a stock 90degree firing motor, just like an 8 cylinder 4 stroke (V-8)...
found this, but it doesn't say if it is a 750 or 800. they use different ignition as I understand.

Madmatt said:
OK, now seriously. Did you try going to VDO or EGT's website and looking up the installation instructions......I think those manuals might have a list to show how many pulses per revolution. Kinda suprised MRVIPER doesn't know this one off the top of his head.

Madmatt

lol@ Matt, my vm4 were 180 firing and used a msd box.

also, thanx for the card, put a smile on the wifes face, it was pretty horrible for her.

Back