Who's seat fits?

Backwoods M Max

After all the complaints and dissatisfaction with the current BOSS seats I'm starting my research into what other manufacturers seats will fit? Is there anything out there from an older cat, polaris or doo that will sit over the tank and bolt down with minimal fuss? Has anyone experimented with with a current RMK or last gen dragon seat? I'd love to find something that will bolt on and I can keep an eye out for one to show up at my local sled junkyard. If anyone has pics of what's worked well I'd love to see them.

What complaints of the Boss seat. They are great!. The fitment is nearly perfect also. We have Boss seats on 4 differant sleds. The ride height is much improved and provide exceptional transition side to side. We can ride nearly double the miles of the OEM seat. Best mod we have ever done. Here are a few Pics.
This is the Viper seat most current Boss Seat
Viper1_zps79c57e0a.jpg

Here is the the 128" SXR
Sxr8wheels1.jpg

This is the 121" SXR Note the custom Tail light
Propsseat004.jpg

Tell ya what, you just need one ride to be sold on one. The weight is nearly have of the OEM 5" higher and absoulutly no longer than the OEM. As for the fit around the tank. Once you are riding, you can even notice. The feel between your legs is perfect. I see in your Avitar you have a 136 track. The seat would be perfect. Anyway, we like the Boss and would not even concider riding without one now. Al

I've got a newer phazer seat on mine, with the bar risers it's a perfect riding position and a quick transition up and down. i bought a polaris gas tank bag to cover the tank, adds a lot of storage pockets.

Attachments

• 111 001.JPG
    111 001.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 111 002.JPG
    111 002.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 36
alswagg said:
Tell ya what, you just need one ride to be sold on one. The weight is nearly have of the OEM 5" higher and absoulutly no longer than the OEM. As for the fit around the tank. Once you are riding, you can even notice. The feel between your legs is perfect. I see in your Avitar you have a 136 track. The seat would be perfect. Anyway, we like the Boss and would not even concider riding without one now. Al

X2. I love my boss seats. I ride 144" vipers and they look and work awesome.

jaws jr said:
I've got a newer phazer seat on mine, with the bar risers it's a perfect riding position and a quick transition up and down. i bought a polaris gas tank bag to cover the tank, adds a lot of storage pockets.

Are those supports it's sitting on stock or did you have to fabricate that? That seat looks great!

The front are stock, and the back is a peice of angle iron. I can get you some better pics and measurments if you like.This seat was on the sled when i bought it last year, but like i said i love the riding postion. all my buddies have newer cats and the seating postion is pretty close to them.

Just checked ebay, they have the frames, not cheap. Also checked the 4 stroke side, mountainvmax4 has alot of phazer parts including seat and frames, his prices were cheaper then ebay.

photobucket-32106-1359098466629.jpg
[/IMG)
I used a nitro seat it wasn't just a bolt on deal i built the rear bracket and took the seat apart so it was down to just the plastic frame and heated it with a heat gun to mold it to the tank. It sits just a little taller than the stock seat and its way lighter so not just a bolt on but an idea for you

I found a nytro seat on snowest for $100, that looks pretty sweet, step over must be super easy. Is the some kind of bracket molded into the seat to mount the front part to the tunnel? I have a friend with a nice mig welder and a spool gun so we could make a rear support out of aluminum. I have the Yamaha map tank bag which looks like it would still fit with that seat.

Ya it has the two tabs just like your stock seat i had to heat them up just a little and bend them down to fit in really nice and at the top i drilled two holes in the bottom of the seat to fish the bungy threw for the top srews. If you need any more pics or anything lmk.

O and yes step over is awesome im with you on the boss seat thing their nice but freaking hudge. Really nice for the trail i guess.

Back