Prostock Viper Build

98srxrider

I bought this as a project from Don a little over a year ago. Lets just say my wife was less than impressed when we drove 10 hours each way and brought it home in pieces. lol She has now named it Project "Sled in a box". Any how I have been picking up the rest of the things needed to put it together over the last year. So far I have put a micro belmont drive axle and 10 tooth drivers in. I also put the brake down on the drive axle.* The track is a new 136x13.5. Below are the pictures so far. It's not to far yet, but its a start.

The beginning:
image_zpsef2be665.jpg

Parts painted and ready to go on.
image_zps619f4f7a.jpg

After front suspension assembled.
image_zps7a558c8e.jpg

This is the next thing to go in, 136 Proline.
image_zpse19be1c4.jpg

I need to have a new shaft made for the front of the suspension. The bolts now are too big to go through my wahl adjusters. Once I get this, I can put it in.

Last edited:

Cool project what's that a price worked over motor on the floor

The motor is a 700. I believe it originally belonged to Alan Ulmer and was an improver motor at that time. Then it was sold to another member on here and the megapower heads were put on and it was turned into a prostock motor. I have 44 lectrons for it and it has a set of race pipes built by Darcy Rosentrotter.

I used a caliper from a nytro and its mounted to the side of the tunnel and I got a hex hub to mount the rotor to the axle.

The front shocks are from a srx. I still need to strap them to get the front of the sled low enough.

Back