SRV Help

smitymike11

I have a few questions about the SRV I have. Will and handlebars work with it? Are there handlebar riser that will work with it? It there a switch for the hamd warmers, if they have them? Is there a twist grip throttle that will work with these? Also what is on the bottom of the seat and how does it attach to the sled? Does anyone have a pick? The seat I have has no cover and there is no bottom on it, it does have the front that goes over the tank. Last question. What RPM should the sled start yo move? It seems you have to rev it a little high to get it to move. The guy I bough it from told me the belt was to skinny. Would that cause the sled to move at a higher RMP?
Thank you guys for any help.

Not sure about the seat, but the wrong belt will make it engage at the wrong rpm for sure.
And, yes it should have handwarmers. My old one did anyway.

I can see wires going to the hand grips, I assume that is for the hand warmers. I guess they are not working, The wiring is a mess.

Get a NEW belt! If you go to powersedge and look up your sled in the parts search you can find the wiring diagram/fiche for that sled.

got-wood said:
Get a NEW belt! If you go to powersedge and look up your sled in the parts search you can find the wiring diagram/fiche for that sled.

Will having the wrong belt wreck anything? How much should I expect to pay for a new belt? I called one place and they wanted $50. Powersedge is powers motor sports/ David Allen Racing, I used to go to powers a lot for parts for my sons quarter midget and DAR is right at silver lake. Didn't even think of checking what they had for this stuff online.

Not certain what a belt might cost down there, but I strongly recommend using a YAMAHA belt as I do with most parts. Can't see it costing more than $50.

Found this wiring diagram for an 87 SRV hand-warmer kit on powers-edge. I look at the fiche there all the time.

Attachments

• 87 SRV grip warmer.gif
    87 SRV grip warmer.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 6

Back