Pre-mix ratio....

It was not a high power, high stressed engine, but my 71 SL 338 ran 60-1 WOT and 100-1 at idle. With modern high quality oils I wouldn't be afraid of 50-1 WITH THE CLAIMED USE.

50:1 is less oil to gas......so it would be considered more lean on oil.

smitymike11 said:
I have been running my srv at 32:1. Isnt 50:1 richer? If so am I running mine to lean?
32:1 would mean less gas to oil. If your sled is running good without smoking to bad, and you are not fouling plugs excesively, you should be ok.What 2stroke oil are you using? If you are using a good semi synthetic, you could probably get away with a higher ratio....i.e. 40:1

Sno-Xr said:
32:1 would mean less gas to oil. If your sled is running good without smoking to bad, and you are not fouling plugs excesively, you should be ok.What 2stroke oil are you using? If you are using a good semi synthetic, you could probably get away with a higher ratio....i.e. 40:1

Right now I am not using synthetic. I have Castrol right now. What brand do you buys use? I have used Klotz in my Banshee and really liked it.

As far as the motor is runs pretty good. It smokes a lot when it is sitting at idle. I was told 32:1 is what the oil injection would run it at. If my mix means I have more oil then if I ran 40:1 I think that would be ok since my son is just ridding it around the house and not going really fast.

With Castrol, I think your fine with the 32:1....but if you do decide to go SemiSynthetic like Klotz,Yamalube...etc you definitely could cut it back to 40-50:1 The SS's simply lubricate better and burn cleaner.
I run around 40:1 w/Yamalube in my WaveVenture1000 jetski that I disconnected the oil injection on.Im sure I could go to 50:1, but not worth taking a chance on....Ever pull a tripple cylinder jetski motor out of that tiny hole they give your for access???? pain in the azzzzz!! lol
But not currently running premix in my sleds...

I have run Klotz TC-W3 synthetic at 50:1 in my '79 Exciter for years after putting a Comet 102 on the sled that didn't have the oil pump gear...no problems, no issues. Just run a section of oil line between the the 2 oil injection nipples on the manifold, there will be no extra air going into the engine ;)!

Back