Water Temp Gauge

Apher

I am looking at putting a water temp gauge on my M-max. I have the idiot light but I would like to know when i am getting close. Before the light comes on.

Anyone put one on before?
Where to mount the sensor?

Yes, my mechanic put on a cyberdune temp gauge on my MM. Put the fitting on the hose right out of the head. Very nice I think.

Attachments

• MM temp gauge.JPG
    MM temp gauge.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 7
Hose adapter is pointing downwards, but you get the idea

Attachments

• Hose adapter.JPG
    Hose adapter.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 16
I got mine installed. I put it by the hand warmer so when I take off my hood I still have a gauge.

Attachments

• DSC02227.JPG
    DSC02227.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02226.JPG
    DSC02226.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
Apher said:
I got mine installed. I put it by the hand warmer so when I take off my hood I still have a gauge.

what brand is that one? looks pretty nice.

That's pretty slick. I'd like to know more too. Price? What did you tie into for power? And this might be a stupid question, but at what temp on the gauge should the idiot light on the dash come on? I recently re-did my thermosensor wiring and this would definitely give me a little added confidence knowing I'm not overheating.

ya, thanx bucks, for the link. He did a nice job too, but I like the digital one, would look good on my project.

i installed a koso digial temp guage. cost around $100 cheaper than buying yamaha parts to fix my idiot light that wont stop flashing random codes.

It is a Glow Shift I got the adaptor and the gauge from them. The adaptor cam purple so I scuffed the purple off and the left the natural aluminum. I got the digital one because the stock temp light goes on at 178 degrees. The dial guages do not show me accurate enough numbers when they start at 100 and redline at 250. I only need 178 so that only leaves 1/4" of movement to watch as you are going down the trail. The digital is easy to read and it glows BLUE.

As for where I got the power. Down by your right foot behind the vent shourd by the tail light lug and regulator there was a spare plug that had a pink and brown wires. The brown was a constant power so I used that wire.

I rode the last 2 days with it and could not be happier. I was shocked at how fast you can drop the temp once you get off a trail. I was at about 150 when I got off the trail for about 100 feet and them back onto the trail. My temp dropped to 130.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/blue-digital-water-temperature-gauge.aspx

Thanx for the information and link, I am gonna get one of those for my project sled.

nice job! ;)!

Back