Major Problem!!!SRX

nystateboySRX

Website
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone, I have a question about my SRX; would anyone know what is wrong with it.?.....heres the story...
I was cruising down the lake about 80-90 mph for about a mile 1/2 when all of a sudden the engine quit and bogged out. I put new spark plugs in, but I feared the worse. First pull it kind of started then stopped again, then the second pull it seized.(couldnt even pull the cord out or nothing, let alone the primary clutch wouldnt move). Finally got it to my garage took off the cylinders the pistons and everything looks great!!! but it still wont pull over? I dont know if I spun a bearing or what?? Only tomorrow will I find out, I guess... Now what do you guys think about the situation?? open to any suggestions.... :o|

I finally got the engine out but havent split the case yet. I thought I would have it done but needed to go to my buddies and get the clutch puller. I guess and hope I will have the engine split tomorrow. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best....

How much am I looking at for the sound of things? :o|

there was a recall or a tsb on the crank to be trued and welded paid for by yamaha on the 98 and 99 srx 600 and 700 cc. if you take the vin number to the yamaha dealer they can tell you if it has been done. and maybe if you are lucky they will help you out some how. yamaha is pretty good with helping out there customers. good luck.

Back