Google Maps

munisean

VIP Lifetime Member
I used google maps last weekend. Did not need a cell signal. You can download a pre selected area on the map when you have a connection. Used the satellite view primarily. Zoom in to see if we make it another 100 yards thru the woods to see if there is an open field. Really worked out well.

I was using a Motorola Atrix (Android) Phone.

Any one ever try?

Thats sweet. I downloaded the free version of trail maps to my garmin 60csx and love having it on the sled. It definitely can turn a bad day of tail riding into a great day of offtrail riding!
Did you make it over to the TY giveaway, or hook up with any of the groups for a ride?
I was there Thrusday though Sunday morning with my Wife,Brother and sister inlaw. Another great turnout

I did not make. Had a crisis at work. That black cloud over my head struck again. I will have to make it to the next one. I was looking forward to meeting some of the TY folks.
There have been excellent conditions since the ride weekend. Been able to spend some quatily time in the woods on the sled. Breaking trail is theraputic.

Back