1975 GPX-433G - Needs Lots Of Work!!

calkins

Website
www.facebook.com
Hi All!

So, I did some horse trading, and gained about eight mid '70's Yamis. I am planning to trade off most of them. The only one I am interested in is a GPX-433G. I was told that the current skid, track, engine, and hood are from an Exciter. I do get the stock skid and engine with it.

Question: In order for me to build this sled as a river/lake racer, what should I do? Chances are pretty good that I will have suspension that would work the best for me. But, I really have no idea what I should use for parts off of which sleds.

I originally wanted to do a resto-mod. But, now I think I might as well shoot the moon since this sled has been so abused. I want to go fast, and sweep the corners on the river here, racing against modern sleds. The area I will be riding is very much like a lake, since it has very long straights, and few corners.

1975_YAMAHA_GPX_433G_6A_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

just remeber this in a good trim that motor will not run for long before over heating .............post some pics of the machine for us to see

well them just sell it to me and you will have no worries.....LOL ........i do trail ride one but had to back the timing down and richen it up a bit to keep it together .........runs great but nothing like my other ones tuned up in race trim

Back