looking at a 2006 Nytro

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
someone I know came over today with the Nytro. Said they are selling it possibly.Didn't ride it but looked it over..Not sure if this is my style anyways,would prefer a long track version first.heard they are good trail sleds but no better then my SRX in the off trail/deep snow.So probably would pass on this one.Runs quiet actually..kinda miss that triple piped sound..

Attachments

• P2120221.JPG
    P2120221.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P2120224.JPG
    P2120224.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P2120223.JPG
    P2120223.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 2

ive got a 2004 warrior blue and con honestly say if all you want to do is go fast in a straight line or go for comfortable slow trail rides then get it. I still ride my 2-stroker more and I will until the motor blows (22500km on original engine lmao)

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
that vmax has treated you well I see,and the 4 stroke sits unused..wow that says something doesn't it.. The color didn't turn me on anyways,don't like Black for a color,the Blue you have is nice.

That will still be a carb sled, not EFI. It has the 3 cylinder in it. My uncle runs a Vector Mtn (same motor). And while I have no complaints about it, I just like my EFI and not having to clean the carbs every year. Although I still have 3 other 2 strokes yet I do carbs on. Just have to watch the front bushings in the a-arms at both the bulkhead and spindle mount. Those are about the only things to watch on them.

The EFI 4 stroke is just nice. I dump fuel in, turn the key, and go. Change oil usually every spring and filter every other spring. Still also have the front a-arm bushings to watch and do every couple years. You can go with oilite bushings though to last longer.

Last edited:
heard the chain tensioners and exhaust donuts also need replacements..sled looked very tippy when they left and took the corner in the field.. most of these sleds you are sitting higher and I know another fellow( with a long track sled ) also says the same thing..very tippy.They won't rail the corners like an SRX could..

I didn't read anything about chain tensioners until tonight when I searched a bit ago to see which motor this one had. I couldn't remember whether it was the 3 or 4 cylinder. My uncle hasn't had that issue...yet. *Knock on wood*. I also haven't done exhaust donuts on it either, although I have done a set of exhaust donuts on 2 different Apex Mtns. Both were right around 3000 miles.

I have never rode a trail 4 stroke so I can't say how they ride. I believe you can go to a wider front end if you choose which would probably help if they are tippy. I've got Fox Floats up front on my Apex Mtn, but I have them set a little tippy.

A four stroke is a different ride I will say that. Just the way of the powerband and then the engine braking. You get used to it.

Probably is a little more tippy than an SRX, but I guess you give some and take some. Don't get me wrong I still love tearing around on my SX cruising stubble fields though.

Last edited:
my dad has an 05 vector, very similar to this with a softer setup. the thing is VERY smooth and with him consistently getting about 20-21mpg and only needing low octane gas, its a great sled. put simmons skis on it and it handles great. the front end, from a bump standpoint, is FAR superior to the trailing arms in my experience. for a trail sled they are pretty fantastic I think. I love it and wished it was mine right about now :)

you won't beat a well set up SRX on the trails and especially in the corners.Yes the 4 strokes will be a little more tippy..you are sitting up higher also.

depends on if the trails are bumpy. REALLY dependent on the trails you are riding. I LOVED how my 97 600sx handled mid week on groomed trails. the vecotr would have spanked it in bumpy trails. I also found the vector torsion spring skid to be a lot more fun. easy to preload on big bumps and launch into the air. comes down SMOOTH on that front end as well. try it before you knock it :)

Back