Brought My Wife Out For Her First Time

Confused

VIP Member
I guess technically it wasn't her first time out but the last time she went was 15+ years ago. I put her on the SRX and I borrowed a friends RX Warrior (that I'm trying to convince her to let me buy). We put in on the lake and caught the trail through the park. We only put on ~25 miles but she had a blast. I think I am moving towards a green light on the Warrior ;)! She wants to go again next weekend :letitsnow

20130217_144853_zpsb653be3c.jpg

20130217_151256_zpsbc041eff.jpg

Sweet! I took my wife to her first TY Ride this year and she had a great time. She hasnt ridden in 5-6 years and has never done more then 50-60 miles in a day.

I got my wife started 3 years ago with a couple older ski doos. Now I've created a monster we're up to all 4 Yamaha's (2 Vipers) and she always wants to go, she gets more excited then I do. It's a great thing to do together!

Started my girlfreind out on one of my wore out back up sleds, a 95 vmax 600 le. She put nearly 1000 miles on it the first year. Upgraded her to an 00 SxR 700 which has just become her back up to the 01 SxR 700 I just picked up. I have let her ride all of my SRX's and she preffer the red head......Guess those tripple pipes strike fear into her or something......!

Took my 14 y.o. daughter out on my machine last Saturday on it's maiden voyage. A bit cramped for us, and she had never been on a snowmobile before. Except for the cold she had fun. I even let her putt-putt around on the river by herself a little just before we got home. she LOVED that. Next day she asked me if she could drive it again.
My son already loves snowmobiles, and I have another 11 y.o. daughter I have to sell on them yet too. Next step is to get them all in snowmobile safety.
I may be creating monsters and just might have to start looking for something a cheap little something a bit more mild than a 700 that the kids can fight over.
Some of my best memories as a kid were of snowmobiles.....

GD23RTF2 said:
Took my 14 y.o. daughter out on my machine last Saturday on it's maiden voyage. A bit cramped for us, and she had never been on a snowmobile before. Except for the cold she had fun. I even let her putt-putt around on the river by herself a little just before we got home. she LOVED that. Next day she asked me if she could drive it again.
My son already loves snowmobiles, and I have another 11 y.o. daughter I have to sell on them yet too. Next step is to get them all in snowmobile safety.
I may be creating monsters and just might have to start looking for something a cheap little something a bit more mild than a 700 that the kids can fight over.
Some of my best memories as a kid were of snowmobiles.....

My 16 year old daughter started out on a 92 poolaris indy 500 at 14 (her step dads pride and joy now, sold it to him for $500) She now rides a 98 SRX 600 or 99 SRX 700! One of the leather suits I got from YA*MA*HEAD fits her like a glove! Now I just have to get her into fixing them!

It is a blast getting the family involved. I put my 9 yr old on an Enticer 250 this year after many years on a Kitty Cat. She does great. I have 3 other younger kids beating on the Kitty Cat now and will need a few more sleds in the coming years . I also have an infant too so hopefully the Kitty is still alive by the time she is ready. I will need an 8 place trailer someday lol.

Ugh.....I found myself looking at Phazer IIs on CL tonight. What am I thinking?!? Then I'll need a truck, and a trailer.....then more machines.....and spares......OH BOY!!!

You can never have too many :) I also ride jet skis. I ride a Superjet, my 9 yr old daughter rides a Kawi JS300, my wife rides a Waveblaster, and I have a Kawi 550SX waiting for a complete rebuild when my daughter is ready to move up. I also have an old Wetbike I need to finish and a Kawi Jetmate to give the little kids rides on :)

Kids have it too good nowadays. I wish I grew up in an era of watercraft. I vaguely remember stand ups when I was a kid, but nobody had them. I cut my teeth on motocross bikes and snowmobiles.
Took the 11 y.o. girl out on the SXR tonight. Think she loved it even more than the other one. Let her do a few laps on the river before we went home too. I showed her brake here on the left like on your bike, throttle here on the right. Showed her engagement at the 4 and told her once past that, it will only go as fast as you tell it to. If you get scared, just release the thumb, then grab the brake if you need to. On her last couple laps I told her to hold on tight and pin a little on the straight, just to feel the power. She came back grinning from ear to ear and said that she had it on the 9. Daddy's little girl.....
Wish I could find a cheap trailing arm Phazer. It would be perfect for the kids.
Those things are still turds, but a lot more stable than their strutted counterparts. You never see those for sale.
Aw, what the hell.....Maybe I just buy an 01-02 SRX for myself next season. Widen it, and slap on some Viper shocks and let the kids have the SXR. :-p

i started out on a sx500r when i was 12 and still ride it now (16) of course i would love a 700 model but i am still getting used to this one so i am go for a wile! :P i still remember my first time out it was great!

I remember getting my little lady started about 8 years ago on the back of mine, fast forward I think shes into more than I am now...

All I know from reading this forum is you mid westerners like to breed and own alot of sleds. lmao!!! God bless ya!!!!

yami1 said:
All I know from reading this forum is you mid westerners like to breed and own alot of sleds. lmao!!! God bless ya!!!!

LOL, yep :)

Brought the whole family out this weekend to play on the ice. Kids had a blast!!

20130224_121840_zps55e21774.jpg

20130224_121846_zpsdcc2b373.jpg

The baby slept the whole time. I guess that means she had fun :)

20130224_121859_zpsf8e0b5fa.jpg

The little kids ran the heck out of the Kitty Cat. My oldest son brought it over to me and said it wouldn't go - it was almost out of gas :)

20130224_123358_zps743d1dab.jpg

20130224_123408_zps1fa06dd7.jpg

My oldest is doing great on the Enticer. She held it wide open and is showing 47 on the Warrior's speedo running next to her.

20130224_123503_zpsfca60428.jpg

20130224_123532_zps1907ecf1.jpg

20130224_123858_zps9f37319a.jpg

20130224_125533_zps1947ec8e.jpg

My wife really likes the Warrior

20130224_131502_zpsce62786b.jpg

Last edited:
killerklown said:
I remember getting my little lady started about 8 years ago on the back of mine, fast forward I think shes into more than I am now...

My wife has gotten used to riding on the back of my venture. She used to drive one of the sleds herself, but now just prefers to get chauffeured around by me. I can't complain, but the 97 is getting a bit tired, so I have been seriously during up used 4 stroke ventures for better gas mileage, better suspension, and more power. the old venture needs a little TLC, after 7500 miles, and 15 years, I cannot blame it.

Back