2001 Yamaha Mtn Max 600 Triple

Mtn_Maxx_Champ

Hey there guys. I have been lookin around to see what other things I can do to my Mtn Max. All I have right now is a can, handlebar riser, and i set up a two wheel kit. I go to the snowies about twice a year and i want to put a 151 or 153 on but I want more power so i was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on what to do.

Your kind of behind the 8-ball trying to make more power starting with a 600. You can do reeds or reed spacers or reed stopper notch depending on the budget. Triple pipes will always make more power but not sure what the return is on a 600 vs 700. I'm surprised the 600 even stayed on the market that long, too bad it wasn't a 700 or 800 triple.

Maybe look for a used 700? With the price of pipes and then the cost of burning more fuel, it might be more feasible to try and find a 700. Just an idea that came to mind.

Just put the 700 pistons and jugs on there the same bottom end. Could probably find a used set for a good price. Viperking might have some he was talking with mrviper the other about parting a 700 motor out

Back