YXR primary clutch... ?

Lasse

Why is 2 out of 6 bolt in the cover a little longer and has no washer under the head ?

Should this 2 longer bolts be placed in a particular place on the cover ?

* Part #90109-066F4-00 ( 2 piece )
* Part # 97017-06030-00 ( 4 piece )

:sled1: :sled1:

Never noticed this, i can tell you it doesnt matter. Ive taken apart an bunch of clutches hundreds of times, and never made sure the bolts were in order... Would be really surprised i got the patern right all those times.

Looks like this might be limited to some of the early 90's YXR's. The mid 90's & up YXR's have the same length bolts in all of the Vmax/SRX/SX, etc. that I've seen.

Can you measure the depth of the drilled/tapped holes in the movable sheave to see if there is a difference? Also, is there anything distinct on the cover that would give away location, such as washer scuffs verses non-washer scuffs from prior assembly? Is the cover clocked to fit on the moveable a certain way?

I know on vmax-4's they came with 2 flange bolts and 4 bolts with lock washers, and they are supposed to be in a certain place, according to the service manual. If the clutch is face up, with the Yamaha logo reading left to right the flange bolts go in the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. This is to maintain balance, or so says the service manual.

Rustman said:
I know on vmax-4's they came with 2 flange bolts and 4 bolts with lock washers,
and they are supposed to be in a certain place,
according to the service manual.
If the clutch is face up, with the Yamaha logo reading left to right the flange bolts go in the 4 and 8 o'clock positions.
This is to maintain balance, or so says the service manual.
Yes, it is 2 flange bolts that is longer then the 4 bolts with washer.
I have seen this on the Exciter-II and V-Max 500/600 sleds.

Please can you post a picture of the service manual were they talk about this ??

:2strokes:

Vmax750 shop manual image attached.

Attachments

• Vmax750 Primary Sheave Cap Install.jpg
    Vmax750 Primary Sheave Cap Install.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 20
bluemonster1 said:
hey there is something strange..in ther pic it shows to put grease on the weight arms..can that be real..wouldn't that attract belt dust???

Very good catch bm1, I included that part in the image clip to see if anyone would notice, and for comments "for" or "against" the lube. I've always been "against".
Maybe Yamaha changed their mind about using lube on the weights, as my 1998 SRX shop manual has no indication of it.

Back