Carb Needle question

Cam/ Viper adict

I was wanting to change the needle position on 02 viper as to richen her up.. It had clip on #3 position with 2 washers underneath.. I moved the washers with the clip in #3 position to 1 washer on top and 1 on the bottom is this the correct position? Want to make sure as I got a little confused as to which way to move them..
Thanks

Not to argue staggs65 but I'm pretty sure 4th clip with both on top is the same as 3rd clip with both on bottom. You would need to have it in the 4th with one on top one on bottom to be next step richer.

I want to go a touch richer.. I hope I did by following what Staggs said.. At least I didnt go leaner like I had put them.. Got mixed up while doing it :o| , but at least the carbs got cleaned again, though they were spottless.. :D

mrviper700 said:
3.25..... setting good for all around riding, if your a guy who rides fairly hard or at least gets on and off the gas a fair amount this will be good and yield off the ruined mag and center cylinder problems in the viper with good premium fuel.

3.5 setting... This is the set up for the slower riders, if you have a wife or kids who ride a viper this is the safe set up. They tend to hold the trottle in the needle section for longer periods of time to run 45-55mph on roads,railroad beds,etc, this where most of the damage always occurs the vipers are way lean right in that area, this 3.5 setting will help cool off the pistons. Still would use premium fuel no matter what.

I use octane boost even in a bone stock sled these days, you have no idea what your getting from that pump, its #$%&* junk gas no way around it. So to keep your 2 stroke safe, raise the needles in them vipers and add some booster. No problems to report since doing so in likely more then 75 vipers I have done here... it works! No return burndowns is a good thing! :sled2:

Just to reitterate the settings:

3.25 setting- 4th groove down from top of needle(non tapered part), both plastic shims on TOP of the clip

3.5 setting- 4th groove down on the needle, 1 plastic shim on TOP of the clip, and 1 plastic shim UNDER the clip, raising the needle up in the slide by the 1 plastic shim.

found this for you

Cam/ Viper adict said:
I want to go a touch richer.. I hope I did by following what Staggs said.. At least I didnt go leaner like I had put them.. Got mixed up while doing it :o| , but at least the carbs got cleaned again, though they were spottless.. :D
spotless because of all that Rum you pour into the tank..lolllllllllllllll
You expecting a cold spell soon because it is getting warmer and no need to richen to much anymore..

Thanks Staggs, That was exactly what I was looking for.. Tried a search and couldnt find much. I am exactly like the first mentioned in the post and with the miles racking up on the ol' Viper wanted insurance as Mr Viper had mentioned to me before. I have never done the needles before and got mixed up, so did what you said and its perfect.. ;)! I love that Viper of mine...
Thanks again
One more note, Snow checked a new SR Viper LTX SE, first generation Viper and first new generation Viper parking in my front yard soon.. Cant wait..

bluemonster1 said:
spotless because of all that Rum you pour into the tank..lolllllllllllllll
You expecting a cold spell soon because it is getting warmer and no need to richen to much anymore..

LOL..Its spiced rum, good stuff...lol..
Just protection on her till the new motor gets put in her next season.. Gonna need a spare motor just in case.. ;)! :sled1:

One more note, Snow checked a new SR Viper LTX SE, first generation Viper and first new generation Viper parking in my front yard soon.. Cant wait..

I'm seriously thinking of doing the same thing. any extra goodies with the snow-check?

Yes, Got 2yrs extra warranty, so 3 years total and maintenece package and the dealer will beat any price untill the day I pick it up. They will even beat Cats price on their new one with the yammi motor if its cheaper.. Oh and best of all, I get a really nice Viper jacket.. I cant wait.. The dealer I bought from is getting 2 new Vipers for a day next week and I get to go and take one for a rip..

don't do it Cam..don't buy a first year Viper with that Cat chain case..you will be walking out of the River on foot..got to wait a few seasons to see how it fairs out first..or you could be one unhappy sledder.Imagine paying some $15000 and having issue's..remember it is mostly a Cat besides the motor only..does that not scare you..it would me..hope Yami knows what they are doing here with the Viper/CAT..could hurt them if things go bad..your call.I will give my number so you can call me when you break down on the River.My SRX will be glad to tow you home..lol

lol... I dont think it has a cat chaincase in it from what I understand. If it does crap out, there will be a dealer getting a call to come pick it up..lol.. Beside my buddies poo would love nothing more to pull me back..lol.. He wants a viper too though.. You gotta admit the sled looks hot..

yes Cat Chaincase.I found specs and pics on it,posted it on here a while back..dual chains..

yamahachaincase.jpg

Back