74 gp 433

relicx440

i got this sled at beginning of season, ran perfect but leaked fuel out of carb, Just put a carb kit in it and for the bottom portion, and now it woulnt stay idling and when you give it throttle it just kills it, only way to remotly get it to run is to hold a clothe near carb and when it starts to die cover opening and then slowly let a bit of air and keep doing process and as soon as you take clothe away it dies, not even a little filter will help. so basically looking for help, iv tried adjust big nut on the bottom of carb and the adjuster screw on left side at top of carb when sitting on machine and nothing seems to be working, was planning on going on trip this weekend so help would be very appreciated....

thanks

i just went back out and looked and it is all wet around where the ypipe is bolted to the engine, an in my eyes seems to be getting to much fuel.

Was that a YAMAHA carb kit? I have heard that the others simply do not work. Either that or you got something wrong when you put it back together. I suggest taking it off and taking apart and inspecting everything, especially since you say it ran good before your fingers were in there. You neglected to say where it was leaking the fuel from before.

check for nests in lower exh ....or broken baffle blocking the outlet..
Doesn't make them leak fuel but most of the other symtoms.
Hard to reach in but while idling check the outlet for distinct pow pow
and not just ozzzzing out the muffler....can also hook a shop vac to the pipe
and it should breath through and not whine higher..
Ron

hijacking samething new kit no not yami- sooo plain just don't work? what do you have to do to the kit new newly installed leaking through seam to modify to work.

Back