rear heat exchanger protectors

srxguy

Do I need to put protectors on the rear heat exchanger on a 02 srx if I am going to stud it?...I know I have seen them for sale but do you really need them?..It seem like the rear exchanger is really far away from the track even with the suspension collapsed.....Once again thanks for all the help..... :rocks:

looking at my rear heat exchanger when I installed my camo 9830 I could see where on a couple of occations the studs hit the cooling fins.I think the reason for this was I had a 1.175 stud with a .92 track.I think that amount of penitration let the stud hit the exchanger before the rubber hit the protectors.to answer your question,I would install them for what it cost just to be safe,mine would have been toast if I had not had them.-Harvey

Harvey said:
looking at my rear heat exchanger when I installed my camo 9830 I could see where on a couple of occations the studs hit the cooling fins.I think the reason for this was I had a 1.175 stud with a .92 track.I think that amount of penitration let the stud hit the exchanger before the rubber hit the protectors.to answer your question,I would install them for what it cost just to be safe,mine would have been toast if I had not had them.-Harvey
...Ok harvey thanks alot...been riding that lake at all?...I will be up this sat.

had a couple guys go in yesterday,after the rain there was an 1- 1/2 of ice,then 2 feet of water then the good ice,fire dept said to give the lake a few days to freeze back up,will keep you posted.-Harvey

Back