Quick question

bmxinallday

So I wanted to start my sled today because we are supposed to get a storm tonight and my sleds been sitting for a while so I put some mixed gas in the carb my concern is that some gas got in the crankcase since it is mixed I assume its not a probl em but I wanted to make sure before I ride it that I'm not going to mess it up.

bmxinallday said:
So I wanted to start my sled today because we are supposed to get a storm tonight and my sleds been sitting for a while so I put some mixed gas in the carb my concern is that some gas got in the crankcase since it is mixed I assume its not a probl em but I wanted to make sure before I ride it that I'm not going to mess it up.
Pull it over with the plugs out before you try to start it if there was a lot of gas dumped in there. If it was just a little, no need to worry.
If theres a ton of gas in the bottom end you'll hydro lock it. You will go to pull the rope and it will rip right out of your hand and the motor will be locked solid. If you hyro lock it and use electric start, you can actually twist the crank out of phase and have all sorts of issues.

Throttle Junkie35 said:
Pull it over with the plugs out before you try to start it if there was a lot of gas dumped in there. If it was just a little, no need to worry.
If theres a ton of gas in the bottom end you'll hydro lock it. You will go to pull the rope and it will rip right out of your hand and the motor will be locked solid. If you hyro lock it and use electric start, you can actually twist the crank out of phase and have all sorts of issues.
I don't think it waw too much so sounds like I'll be alright thanks.

Back