Where are the needles:-)

SRXBOY

Hi
Just a quick question I have to adjust my needle height and I forgot where they are the last time I did it was about 10 years ago when I installed my Vari-Flow. Any advise would be appreciated especially with pictures. :-) I thought they were under the black caps but cannot find them.

Thanks in advance
John

Once you take the black caps off the needles are in there you need to have a flash light small extendable magnet a good set of needle nose pliers and a ball end 3 mm Allen if I can remember right. Once you have the black caps off you will see the linkage that goes down to the slide follow that and you will see to Allen head cap screws that bolt the linkage to the slide remove the Allen CAREFULLY make sure that you don't drop the screws inside if so use the small magnet. After you make sure that both screws are out now you can pull the linkage either with your hands or using the needle nose pliers ( remember the orientation of the linkage ) because you can put it in the top of the carb backwards but it won't line up to the slide. After you remove the linkage there you will find the needle now it is time to remove the needle and adjust remember there are two washers be sure to have them both accounted for when putting the needle back into the slide. Hopefully this helps you Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the info.

And in case someone else is reading this the Allen key size is 2.5mm your memory is not doing so bad much better than mine. :-)

Last edited:

Back