93 exciter 2 losing power

kombucha20

Hi, im new to the forum, and im new to the exciters, have a little problem just wondering if anyone could shed some light, thanks
i just bought a 93exciter2 570,and when i fire it up it seams to run alright, but after a min of just idling it starts to slowly rev up a little bit the the clutch kicks in just for a second then the idle drops back to normal, and it keeps doing this, so this is one problem, the other is when im driving it seems to run fine for about 5-10 min lots of power on the throttle and everything, but after about 5-10 min it just loses all power and starts bogging, if i was in some fluffy snow it would just bog out, wont even spin the track, if i was on a trail and just slightly gave some throttle and was pushing the sled i could get it moving and then if i just slightly increase throttle i could get up some speed but if i were to hit wot if would just bog out.
it only seems to do this after its been running a few min, and it only seems to do it if there's weight in on the track, if i got in a situation where it wouldn't move and just bog out if i picked the track complete off the ground it would rev up fine, seems like its stuck in a high gear if that's possible
so thats my problem, hopefully i explained it ok. i have a video of the clutch moving if that helps, or i can take a video of anything that could help someone help me
oh and my tachometer doesn't work,
im pretty new to all this so any help would be great
thanks a million
and i did make sure my choke isnt staying on, and i pulled my plugs and they look great
they guy i bought it off said he replaced the top end last summer and it was working fine for him

Hmmmmm, Irratic idle, runs ok then falls on its face and former owner put a new top end on it. I bet the former owner burnt a piston and HAD to do a top end on it. My guess would be you have and air leak at the crank seals or carb intake boot. You could also have some clutch issues.

i did alot of reading yesterday and found some people with the very same problem so im thinking that my secondary clutch is sticking in high gear, is someone able to point me to a good tutorial on how to remove and clean it

Just be really careful when taking the retaining clip off. If it goes flying, chances are it wont be found. Those things can really zing. When assembling it helps to have an extra set of hands to wind it. Its possible to do it by yourself, but its just easier to have those extra hands.
Where is your belt sitting on the secondary?? It should be at the very least flush to the top or a little over. For that matter, what kind of shape is your belt in, and is it the correct belt?? Is your off set and center to center adjusted correctly??
Just some "no money" things to rule out. Good luck.

well my belt looks alright. but since i took it off a couple times it seems alot looser,i am gonna replace the belt, i see alot off different ones on ebay is there a recommended one to use? how much play should the secondary drive move?
another question how can i tell if the secondary clutch is still good, theres 3 little pads on the inside (cant think of the name) i can see some wear on these, is that normal or should these be replaced too? i also have a black spring in my clutch, i read alot of people have a pink one
anymore advise would be much appreciated

Belt should be a yamaha #89L-17641-01-00. The clutch buttons should be replaced if they are worn flat and have a wear ridge on them. Im not 100% positive but the secondary spring should have a small swatch of paint on it, otherwise all black. I believe white, pink, blue, green, and probably others. Some one else could chime in and give you a more definate. How many miles are on your sled?? If you could post some pics of your belt in the secondary and your clutches, I or someone else could tell you more.

Back