Whats The Diff Srx 440

Are you talking all stock with pipes added or mod with those pipes? The DRP pipes will make more HP in full mod form. I have no idea if the motor is stock.

Stock, 79 is same as 78 hp-wise. With a good set of custom pipes and good tune I would say between 10 -15 hp more on average. I have a 79 that I want to upgrade with a set of Aaen pipes. But other than updating the carbs I'll be focusing the rest of my attentions on clutching and set-up instead of trying to see how much hp I can make. Thar's cheap performance hiding in them thar details.

Last edited:
AAEN PIPES REALLY WORKED NICE ON THE SRX. HE ADVERTISED 105 HP BACK IN THE DAY WITH PORTING AND .44 CARBS. AGAIN I THINK THEIR WERE TWO VERSIONS. TRAIL AND FULL RACE. FULL RACE SPUN VERY HIGH PEAK CLOSE TO 10,000. 3:16 (yammie tony)

dont know what year i will end up with just getting some info on pipes ,,, still looking for a 440 srx project anybody ? anybody ? anybody ? got one to sell

78 and 79 motors made different power as the heads are way better than 79 ........cylinders are pretty much the same ...........and to point this out 80 igniton is diffrence than 78-79 more than just a different style box ............yes aaen made and still makes the pipes but he has 3 styles now the originals which where the full mod pipes that ran at 10-10200 rpm with open stinges then the trail pipes that ran at 9-9200 rpms ......and the new race pipes that are silenced and run in the 9500 rpm range and they are in design of more larger volume .....while i love Aaen stuff i do not know who is building the new pipes inhouse but they work is not the best on the inside pretty crappy cone fittings and lots of hange over inside the pipe .........when i pointed it out to Olav he said that it would be taken care of ............but no matter the year .......with the right comination of porting and pipes and ignition any year motor can make 105 plus hp but 115 is about the limit of these motors ........maybe with new MSD ignition and lots of $$$$$ you could get more but it will not be long lived ..........

Srx

You call call Leon @ Koch's Performance. I don't have the phone number but he is located in Crivitz WI. He can definitely help you out.

upland said:
You call call Leon @ Koch's Performance. I don't have the phone number but he is located in Crivitz WI. He can definitely help you out.

Leon remakes the gyt stinger pipes and offers some restoration parts .....does have good knowlege on the yamaha's

Back