mystery to solve

maxco

I have a 2000 Mountain max. I bought a 2001 mountain max as well. on my 2000 the shocks are clevis, and it has a mounting bracket. the 2001 has a forked mounting point. My buddy has a 2001 it has these adapter mounts as well. These machines had them when we bought them. We thought they are stock. are they OEM somewhere? Where can I get another set of brackets?

Attachments

• shock mount 2001.JPG
    shock mount 2001.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

not on my 01 nor my 00, never seen those before as an oem on all the mtn sleds i have had my hands on.

post those up in the general or maybe the srx/viper for more exposure.

do both the 01's have the fox conversions vs the coil overs consistent with the mtn maxes?

That is what is shown

Yes Oem shows a forked connection. My machine had this adapter to an eye to eye setup, and I need another pair of adapters to make my shocks work on my other machine. Anyone know where to buy?
Thanks

Thanks again snowdad. The fische looks good. I think that is the bracket.

Snowdad had it right

That is a OEM adapter bracket. Th funny thing is it bolts to the old shock mount, and a bolt straight into the bulkhead. The funny part is that threaded bolt Hole in the bulkhead is already there pre drilled and perfectly aligned. So it works perfectly. And creates a eye to eye shock mount for works/fox/viper shocks. ;)!

Back