99 vmax 500 engaging low

sxviper32

i got a 99 vmax 500 that is engaging at real low rpms and its bogging it down big time when you go to step on her. the carbs have all been cleaned and set just this past week, tank was flushed, belt and clutch alignment all good, they said it was probably in need of some clutch work. anybody have any ideas on a good setup for this? thinking new spring and weights in the primary should do it i just don't know which ones. thanks!!!

well probably get the stock ones to work before you go changing things. You said it engages too low. Whats too low. If everything you said was correct it wouldn't engage low or bog, it would run as a good stock sled...........

how many miles on the springs and componets,maybe weak springs,cheap to install new springs.-Harvey

1500 miles, looking to get a little quicker too, not too worried about top end. any one got any setups for these sleds?? thanks!!!

vmaxjhon has one posted in the tec pages. try it out. im interested in your results when you do try it out. i think all the 500 motor5s are the same and if you have the 99 you already have the right rollers to make it work. i want to hear the results because i have and 01sx500r and the rollers are larger. i want some ones opinion before i invest the coin to get the rollers and weights.

Last edited:

Back