Loads up

carmanSRX

My 99 srx 7 loads up so bad that oil comes out or the power valves. It takes about 10 pulls to get it started, by then it is so loaded up that the plugs are fouled. It has lots of spark, but when it does run it blows gas out of the carb throats, and sounds like it has a spark knock. If I do get it started and am lucky enough to get it to run on three cylinders, I can't let it warm up, I have to get on and go, feather the throttle,and pray. What could it be?

sounds like the choke plungers are stuck on some, this will cause a very rich condition like you describe

Choke plungers are ok, but my wiring harness under the motor is shorting out, this causes my headlight to flicker,and my temp light to flicker. Could this cause my timing to be off, therefore causing the engine to load up, and robbing me of power?

no, it wont change the timing, but it will suck the voltage away from the coils, as you are sending voltage to direct ground, instead of going thru the cdi to the coils, fix the harness by all means.

I think I have the same problem. High beam cuts the motor out. And when you first start it, before the magneto is up to full juice it wants to die. I have to feather my throttle too at startup. Let me know what you find (by all means p.m. me), and I'll do the same. I can't work on mine till Saturday now.

Back