Dick Trickle. 3:16

YAMMIEGOD3:16

RACED ON THE FACTORY YAMAHA TEAM IN THE SEVENTIES AND ONE OF THE WISCONSIN WIZARDS. GREAT RACER WENT ON TO RACE IN NASCAR. rest in peace. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Great guy. I had a chance to meet him while working my way through college at Randy Sweet's machine shop back in the 80's. He could party all night and hop in a racecar the next day....and WIN!! RIP...

Here is a post a friend sent to me from Dicks hometown. More to him than many remembered.

I remember in 76 at Peterborough my mechanic said..hey... there is Dick Trickle. He didn't make the 340 or 440 final with us either day but always seamed to be surrounded by friends and fans...

He had a good life..cut short..

Dick T

I was at the gym when the news broke, and I almost fell over.....
I still can't believe it.....
I grew up watching him race around here, and probably still have about 30 pictures of him and his cars through the 70s-80s.
Partied with him at Tanglewood Lanes in Rib Mountain after the races with some racer buddies of mine, and went out for breakfast after the bar closed.
He was never my favorite driver but I respected him greatly, and he was a true master on the short tracks and a genius behind the wheel. Real genuine guy, that anyone could talk to or have a beer with.
I have SO many memories of Dick Trickle. Always showing up late at Wausau. Firing up the car still on the trailer at the registration table, pull in the pits, quick unload, and set fast time. I remember seeing him flicking ashes out the side window while racing. I remember watching him race a car with a stuck throttle, using the ignition toggle to kill the motor in the corners. I remember a Red White & Blue series race at Kaukauna he had 2 cars and haulers there waiting for him, he flew in and landed on the drag strip, raced the one car, and after the race, flew out to the next destination where the other car was to meet him. Got pictures of that race. I remember visiting relatives in Indiana and seeing him at an ASA show while I was there. The legendary party stories. Tanglewood, Sandy's, Octoberfest. The list goes on and on.....
Sounds cheesy, but a part of me died on that day too.
RIP my friend, you'll be missed.

Back