Thanks for another great season, Maxine!

smokenjay

Yesterday was the last day of the 2013 season for me. Just like she always does, my 2001 Mountain Max performed admirably all season long. Added more than 1000 to the odometer (figuratively, the real odometer is long gone). I estimate she has 10,000 to 12,000 miles in total.

I bought Maxine in Cheyenne, Wyoming as part of a package deal in 2006. I kept the Viper (wrong choice) and the trailer and sold Maxine to a friend. He rode her for two or three seasons until he bought another Max. He then sold Maxine back to me, as the Viper was having issues (my fault, long story). I rode Maxine for another couple of seasons until I bought a Polaris Dragon. Maxine was my loaner/backup sled until I introduced my girlfriend to snowmobiling in February. Now it's basically hers, although Maxine had some days with a friend of mine and some days with me after the Dragon blew up (who's surprised?) and before I bought another sled.

Here's my list of her mods:

Transfer enhancement kit, lightweight skid components, speedo/hand heaters/misc broken then removed, ghetto triple exhaust routed out the side, drilled airbox, lower chaincase gearing, custom helix and clutching, primary out of a 97 mm, 7 inch handlebar risers, additional cold air intake, powder pro skis, Works shocks all around.

Back