Quad pipes(bender vs PSI)

Hammer Down

Whats better? Or what are the benefits of each.
I am considering purchasing a drag sled. One is a 95 with
Bender quads And roller rooster clutch. The other is a 95 with PSI quads and shaved heads. Both are around $2000 range. Way cheaper to buy one than build one.

If we are talking trail pipes...both the last run of PSIs made for the 800 and the Benders are as good as it gets for quad pipes.
The PSIs made their Max power at a lower rpm then the Benders and as we all know...if you make the same power but at lower RPM, and all other things being equal, you will always be quicker.
I never had the PSIs but I did run Benders until I went to Mod porting and 10200 RPM...then I ran the Hauck mod pipes.
I have Aaens on my 96 ported 800 and they work well but I found the Benders to be superior...JM.02c

Thanks sideshowbob Both of the sleds I am looking at are race sleds. Run on race fuel and are lowered. Both are also within 45 minutes of my house. Hard decision which 800 to buy. Believe they are stock improved. One had stock skid, other had pro action. Just looking for opinions. Not really sure what I'm asking. Probably pick the one up I can get cheaper or that is cleaner.

If they were racing sleds check into carbs as well...I ran TMX 38s on mine...they really respond well to the bigger carbs with mod porting and high RPM pipes.

ON THE 800, PSI,S MADE MORE POWER THAN BENDERS. THIS WAS NOT FOR A FULL RACE APP THOUGH. BENDER CLAIMED 14 HP ON THE 800, PSI CLAIMED 22. THIS WAS PRETTY ACCURATE. NOW THE CARDS ARE OFF THE TABLE FOR RACING. ALOT OF FAST VMAX4,s WERE BUILT BY BENDER RACING. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back