Vmax4 GUYS REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR TABS!

I know this info was on the other site but since I ran into it recently (and I am unable to post on Vmax4.com....database error!) I figured I better share this here.

Just a reminder to all that the dreaded tab issue will continue to exist...at least until all plastic tabs are broken off or white plastic collars are removed completely from the airbox.

See pics below...this is what I found this past weekend in the reedcage of my '95. The pedal broke off (as they do) and ended up in the reeds. Thankfully it didn't make it to the cylinder! Catastrophic meltdown could have/has happened from this.

Also shown is another plastic collar that was on a different cylinder...nearly completely broken tab here as well!

GENTS, CHECK YOUR PLASTIC COLLARS!!

Attachments

• broken tab.jpg
    broken tab.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
  • broken collar.jpg
    broken collar.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4
  • collar with tab cracked.jpg
    collar with tab cracked.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4

ALLSEASONRIDER said:
I know this info was on the other site but since I ran into it recently (and I am unable to post on Vmax4.com....database error!) I figured I better share this here.

Just a reminder to all that the dreaded tab issue will continue to exist...at least until all plastic tabs are broken off or white plastic collars are removed completely from the airbox.

See pics below...this is what I found this past weekend in the reedcage of my '95. The pedal broke off (as they do) and ended up in the reeds. Thankfully it didn't make it to the cylinder! Catastrophic meltdown could have/has happened from this.

Also shown is another plastic collar that was on a different cylinder...nearly completely broken tab here as well!

GENTS, CHECK YOUR PLASTIC COLLARS!!
;)! great post 3:16

Back