Original Heelclickers?

FJViper

Hey guys,
Found some sets of these Original Heelclickers online for $100.00. Looks like they come with all the weights etc. 2 Springs , one is gold, one is black. No other info. on those.
Anyone have any experience with these? If they are decent, seems like a good deal?
Thanks

I bought a set last winter of the org 2 speeds from wahl brother for 100 they will work but org have inserts with bolts also need to trim ur sheave Wish i wouldnt have wasted the money on them should have bought HH. Only thing I gained was a new red spring

Last edited:
Don't buy the first kit, buy some 40-10's. They are better in every way.

Got it. Thanks guys. I won't waste my money. Question though,
I've done many searches but can't seem to come up with a definitive
Answer. I've for the 53/43, tips weighted, green secondary spring in my Viper right now, how much of a difference will i notice with the heelclickers?

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't really have too much info. to go along with the picture though. Really wondering if Heelclickers are the way to go or not. I've got the 53/43 Helix, weighted tips, Green secondary wrapped at 70. RPM's are right on. It's definitely snappier than stock, but are the HC's or HH's really worth it? Is it THAT much of a difference? Read alot of posts and searches but...... Would it be much of a difference over what I have now?
I know there is tuning involved and many variables also and yes, it's not an SRX but the my Viper's still pretty quick,
Thanks for any input.
:winterrul :carbs:

They are the org they take a cap that the bolt treads into by the pic

Someone needs to be the Guinea pig and buy them to find out. Come on boys someone needs to take one for the team and pass on the savings Like it was said they do say 40-10's and its a generic picture

If they really are the 40-10's someone should buy them. I don't need them, I have two sets already, with good setups to boot.

FJViper said:
Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't really have too much info. to go along with the picture though. Really wondering if Heelclickers are the way to go or not. I've got the 53/43 Helix, weighted tips, Green secondary wrapped at 70. RPM's are right on. It's definitely snappier than stock, but are the HC's or HH's really worth it? Is it THAT much of a difference? Read alot of posts and searches but...... Would it be much of a difference over what I have now?
I know there is tuning involved and many variables also and yes, it's not an SRX but the my Viper's still pretty quick,
Thanks for any input.
:winterrul :carbs:

for a viper youll need a helix with something closer to a 48/34 or 48/36 helix, that 53/43 is way too big on the start and finish for a single piped viper.

Thanks for chiming in Mr.Viper. I know you've got alot of experience with the HC's. How much of a difference is there between the HC's and what I have now? I realize after reading many of you're posts that I'll need a new helix for sure, Just trying to justify the cost of the HC setup. $$ is not the issue, but is it worth it?
Did you check out the link on those HC's? What's you're take on em?
Thanks

well... the 40-10 heel clickers and the smaller 48/34-36 helix's will out run the 53/43 from pretty much the word go. The whole thing with the 53/43 helix and sec spring swap was it was a cheap upgrade to a viper and it made a differance you could definitly feel.
The heel clicker set up by far is one of the best improvements you can make to a single pipe viper, it will drasticly change the way the sled performs.
It does cost quite a bit by the time you get the clutch kit($235 shipped to your door in the USA) and then a new helix,usually $100 new, so thats $335 or so compared to $125 for the 53/43 helix and sec. spring swap.

the h/c weights are about 3 times more aggressive then your stock 8ek weights are.

You can also use something like a 8ca or loaded up 8ab's in a viper, they are more aggressive also. I dont have any testing on those with a 53/43, i will have to play with that combo and report back this year.

if these 40-10 weights are the newer ones they should come with a red and grey primary spring, a 4100 for a complete kit would be a steal. i would call and get the exact yamaha part number off the kit box and check to see they are indeed the 40-10 weights. the early heel clcicker weights you had to grind notchs in the sheave for the heel to clear, the 40-10 ones were bolt ins. I think the early ones were part number 45-7 or somthing like that?? long time ago so dont take that number to the bank.....lol

Thanks Mr. Viper! That's exactly the sales pitch I was looking for (lol!) I will call the company today and get the scoop on the part #. I'll post back when I get the info.
Thanks again,
--Brian :letitsnow :carbs:

OK. Talked to Matt at MCB Performance. They were the correct kit. Sold out of them really quick. He was just trying to clean out his stock at a little over his cost. BTW, great guy, answered all my questions and then some.

Back