Finally bought a Vmax 4

AnythingButLast

So I finally bought a vmax 4 last night, ive always wanted one and just so happened to spot one on craigslist. Its a 92 with 4200 miles on the clock, got it for $700. Hoping the vmax website transfer doesn't take too long, would love to start reading up on this sled, leaving something stock never lasts long for me and I already have the itch to start modidying! Anything I should know about or be concerned with aside from the airbox tabs?

ALOT OF THE vmax4.com GUYS ARE HERE, SO ANY QUESTIONS, POST AWAY. 92-94 HAD SOME DIFFERENCES FROM THE 95-96-97 800. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Congrats! Yes, we like lots of pics!!
Here's a pic of the low mile clean '92 I just sold..

Attachments

• 92 vmax 4 outside front pic.jpg
    92 vmax 4 outside front pic.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hey Allseasonrider, I saw a video on youtube a few days ago with a white Vmax4 in it. The owner said that those were some special edition sled made by Reichard's Yamaha back in the day. Do you know if that is true, or is it just someone getting creative? I likes the looks of it, but was just wondering if you know any of that history. I saw the original posts on the vmax4 site when you first got it.

Will try to get some pics uploaded shortly, externally everything appears stock. Different decals and ski skins on it though. The primary clutch looks as if though it may have been replaced due to some writing in sharpie on it. Wiseco sticker on clutch guard may be for show or the motors been apart. Noticed when loading it on the trailer that the secondary has some lateral play, havent investigated yet to see if its a loose bolt/missing spacers. Will actually get to pull some of it apart next week, my times been mainly devoted to getting my boosted nytro ready for grass drag season...

Very true Mauri, ill be over to Justins in a few weeks to do some test runs with the nytro for some grass drags, just have to finish putting the new track in it.

Back