Hammer Downs Hotrod

turch

Hey Hammer Down, I love guys like you that wanna make your sled faster and don't know whether to go left or right with it. I was and still am one of those guys too. lol .
First, tell us what you have and what your goals are, one thing you have to be true to yourself is 'what's my budget?' This will give us room to help you along. If our beloved vmax4.com was working you would be able to read for a month and make decisions. Its not so tell us your info so we can all help you along and have fun with this thread. Lot of great guys on here.

I originally bought this sled to ice drAg. It is a very clean 95 with 96 plastics. Previous owner was very meticulous and had many yamahas including an srx and a
Perfect 83 Vmax.
Shot a couple of pics to Yammiegod and found out the skid is out of an 03 viper. He informed me this skid is not suitable for drag racing.
The original owner also rebuilt the motor 500 miles ago and informed me it needed to run on race has because it had shaved heads. The compression test revealed the engine had even 115 psi across all 4. So it seems I can just run premium instead of race fuel.
The exhaust has Psi mod Blasters in beautiful shape. The tunnel has been polished up nicely. The clutches I have not yet inspected. The primary has short cover so I assume it has stock spring. The secondary has a blue ring around the outside of the helix that aids in setting belt deflection( if I remember correctly).
The track is a speed track with 96 picks up the center with woodys double backers. The axle is an extrovert driver.
It looks to have many extra wheels on the skid and I believe an anti stab setup.
I do not know the gearing.
I am leaning towards making it a fast trail sled. I was thinking the nitrous would just be kick *** after Carl mentioned it.
What do u guys think

ALL COMING TO ME NOW. YOU MENTION THE 1983 PERFECT VMAX. THIS SLED COME OUT OF OHIO ? IF SO HE BOUGHT MY 96 VMAX 4 AFEW YEARS BACK AND CARLS BUDDIE HAS IT NOW. I BELIEVE HIS NAME WAS '' JOHN ''. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I got the sled in Michigan. From a guy in white lake. The sleds I saw were all very clean. He definitely takes pride in his work.

Hammerdown sounds like your going to have a pretty fast trail sled just with what you have. Can't really figure out why you only have 115 compression if the head was cut. Do you know if he raised the cylinders?

Back