Coolant leak

YooperMike

For one reason or another, I stored my oil drain pan under my MM, it fits perfectly and is out of my way. I went to change the oil on my truck on Friday, and there was about a half pint's worth of antifreeze standing on top of the drain pan. I can't see where it would have come from. I have my pipes off and am in the process of blasting and painting them, they've been off for a few weeks, rags stuck in the exhaust ports to keep debris out. It just kind of 'happened'. What do you guys think is the issue? Dry-rotted lines? Cracked block somewhere? Where would you start looking?

better check the water pump bolt where the impeller is.May need a new rubber gasket for that bolt or else the water pump seal is leaking..went thru this myself... :o|

squeeze your hand under the water pump and find the weep hole, then see if theres any liquid on your fingers. just did a seal as well. almost a lost cause till i heat cycled the sled 4 times, now shes sealed right up.

I haven't had a chance to diagnose this yet, but which part are you guys referring to?

Attachments

• water pump.jpg
    water pump.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I'm guessing #4 and #9...
I ordered #12, but it looks fine. Can you get the seal out while the motor in the sled?

yes the gasket #12 is a good idea if the old one was pinched or over stretched.Do a search on replacing the seal.When I did mine,I posted everything on here along with pics,just can't find the post now.

Back