ow to read spring colors

eclipse46

How do I tell if a spring is a blue/white or a white blue?? Pink/gold or gold/pink?? Etc. I don't see a top or this end up or any difference. I also have one that is yellow/blue/yellow. My machines are 84, 89 and 93 Phazers.
Help??

Yamaha went to the 3 color spring in 92 so you could not mix up the colors ........as far as the other 2 you have it would be a blue/white ....not white/blue .....and the other is a pink/gold if I remember right...........the 2 color springs are for the srx or ypz primary's the 3 color springs are for the Yamaha wide belt clutches or YXR/YVXR and due to their inside diameter are only usable in the newer clutches

if your lucky enough to still see the color swatches, simply compare them to the appropriate clutch spring charts.

the colors will only appear on the chart one way. in other words, if your seeing a blue/white swatch on your spring, you will either find a blue/white on the chart, or a white/blue, but not both color possibilities, this being able to clearly identify which spring.

i had one of those old charts somewhere?

Back