What is wrong with people these days

Agpetro

My dad and I checked out a viper not to long ago. Not really in the market for one but the guy said it was in great shape and at a fair price for the extras pipes, clutched, and long tracked. Checked it out and what a joke. Sled was all beat up with a bent trailing arm and a few radius rods where too. The clutching on it was stock on the secondary and a red spring on the primary so it was not clutched by any means. Had a new 136in track on it that's already junk, the front shock had been beating the inside of the track and wearing it. The motor had been rebuilt he said and there was some kind of cheap thin head gasket on it too. Me having a viper i could see through this guys bs he was talking. He was trying to say it was a mountain sled when it wasnt. Had to show him the hartman extension on it and i still dont think he believed me it was a 121 that was turned into a 136. The part that got me the most was about the black head. It was a 02 with a 03 head on it but the guy was trying to say the sled was rare because it had a black head which was a high performance head that didnt come on the vipers. It was just the stock viper head. I just couldnt believe this guy. Why cant you tell me the sled is in ok shape and save me a drive but no he had to lie about it and make it sound like it was in great shape.

It is funny what people will say about their sleds. Half the time I think they are dumb enough to not even know what they really have. They just bought it that way and that's what the last guy told them. Sucker born every day! When I look at a sled I'm inspecting the owner as much as the sled. The sled will usually show its cards its the seller you got to watch.

Yea this guy thought the viper had 136hp with simmon triple pipes on it. I told him its more in the 150-160 range and now the add i see says 150hp lol. No i havent yet. I got a few things for it but just been busy with work the last few months. I think Im going to start on it in October. I will have it up in the working log when i get to it though.

East Jordan? IF YES hes ben beating the hell out of C list with it. Seems like when its over posted with different prices never worth the trip. I try to give benefit of the doubt and hope that people don't know any better. Like the guy he got it from told him factual info and they remembered 1/2 of it while mixing the other half and added random crap from their gray matter.

I once had a guy try to sell me a srx for 2500 that was perfect, I told him if it is what he says, I'll give him 1200, he deliver. He left with 600$

Devilin AblueDress! said:
East Jordan? IF YES hes ben beating the hell out of C list with it. Seems like when its over posted with different prices never worth the trip. I try to give benefit of the doubt and hope that people don't know any better. Like the guy he got it from told him factual info and they remembered 1/2 of it while mixing the other half and added random crap from their gray matter.

Thats the sled lol. We went and checked it out when it was first put up on c list. Never had any repost at that time. He wanted 2500 at the time for it and was trying to say his buddy said it was way to low on the price and should be 3500. Good luck, i paid 3400 back in 2009 for mine 03 er which had 1000 miles and looked like it just came off the showroom floor. I dont even think he will get over 1500 for it. See in his ad where it says no $hit buckets for trades?? I think he is talking about his sled lol.

BETHEVIPER said:
I once had a guy try to sell me a srx for 2500 that was perfect, I told him if it is what he says, I'll give him 1200, he deliver. He left with 600$

I think a lot of people these days have no idea what perfect or great shape are. All the sleds we got look like they are new ever though they are old.

Yeah when I see verbage like "BLACK HEAD TYPE" Like its UBER SPECIAL! Ahhh...they all do! Talking about how nice it is.....with NO HOSE COVERS. He had it up last fall, a few times this spring and has a dozen or more adds right now w/trailer, w/out trailer...had an add for blown up rev too. Must be hard up as of late. I like to play dumb at first and see what the have to say, then go all Yamaha nut on em.

Devilin AblueDress! said:
Yeah when I see verbage like "BLACK HEAD TYPE" Like its UBER SPECIAL! Ahhh...they all do! Talking about how nice it is.....with NO HOSE COVERS. He had it up last fall, a few times this spring and has a dozen or more adds right now w/trailer, w/out trailer...had an add for blown up rev too. Must be hard up as of late. I like to play dumb at first and see what the have to say, then go all Yamaha nut on em.

Thats what I did to him. Let him play the bs card for awhile and when told him I know these sleds and I have one the same but a year newer. But he still had to bs about everything.

Back