Handguards?

Yah you should be fine. I got a set of powermadd hand guards and they fit perfectly on the stock bars. Slight problem is that you will have to unplug your e-brake cable.

Here's mine...

Here is my 01 SRX 700 with Sportech blue chrome handguards, 90* BJ hookers, 2" riser, and Sportech chrome windshield. I like it, very sport looking.

Attachments

• DSCF0547 2.jpg
    DSCF0547 2.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 26
On the powermadd thing, how the hell did your mounting systems work. The mounting kit I got with mine absolutely sucked, actually it was a waste of money. I mine as well have just made my own. I like the guards, but the mounting is a bitch. Just my $.02

nothing fit correctly on the mounting kit. To begin with, they gave one correct mount. The other one (after putting the "U" shaped piece around the bar and then placing the mounting bar in place, there is about a 1/2 inch gap between the bar and where the mount is supposed to be snug to it. So that just plain sucked. Then on the one that I could mount, after tightening the bolt and nut according to the instructions, the handguard was extremly loose and moved up and down very easily. I could just picture it, riding down the lake at speed and having that sucker either spin up and end up twisting onto the backside of my hand, or twist downward and catch me in the fingers. I don't know, just seemed like a terrible mounting kit to me. I wouldn't bother wasting the money next time and just make my own.

Back