Looking for an opinion on RS Vector Mountain.

Muckabilly

Hey folks, I could use a opinion. Currently I have a 2001 SXR converted to 136 with a Hartman extension. A 2007 RS Vector SE Mountain with under 500 miles and under 4200.00 fell into my lap and I am trying to judge the deal. I am not sure how a 151 will handle with my area of riding. Michigan UP eastern and western. I have riden 146's and not had an issue. Just looking for some solid opinions.

Thanks

depending on your riding style, you may consider cutting the lugs down if you spend alot of trail time. off trail your good with the 2" lugs, but lots of trail miles and your gonna eat hyfax bad as well as potential overheat issues.

Have an uncle that has an 05 Vector Mtn. While they are a decent sled they do need a handle bar riser if you plan to stand up at all IMO. I think the price might be a little high maybe more around 3750-4000. That 151 will handle just fine even on trails since it has tipped up rails in the rear. Don't worry about cutting the track down, we've been runnin those 2" challengers forever. Just put some ice scratchers on it if you ride much trails. Not sure if the Vector had EFI in 07 or not, think that was only on the Nytro.

Well guys the sled was great, but the salesmen said it had reverse, however after a 2 hour drive and further eval it didn't. So no deal,

But what I want to make sure that you guys know that I am very thankful that you guys take the time and give me your opinion. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you plan on trail riding at all, please don't ruin the groom trail with a 2" paddle track. Stick with a 1.25" max The groomers have a hard enough time keeping everything smooth without the the deep paddle tracks cutting up grooves. Al

Back