first oil change

srvector72

I need my first oil change on my vector Gt and have heard it's a challenge, how hard is the job for the do it yourselfer? Last time I checked my dealer wanted about $200.00 bucks for the job.please help, thanks.

You may want to register HERE and ask. Although quite a few of the 2-stroke guys have 4-strokes, you would probably get a faster reply on the 4-stroke forum.

It's not too hard, drain the oil tank by removing the bolt located on the bottom of the oil tank. Think you have to remove the plastic underneath the tank first. There is 3 or 4 screws I think and 1 bolt back on the front of the floorboard. Pull the skid plate off if you have one, and then the plastic piece thats attached by the allen head screws, drain oil out of the block and remove oil filter why you are there. Then fill filter with some oil, screw back on, and refill sled with oil.

The hard oil changes are on the Apex when you are changing the filter as well. Filters are in a different spot that require the removal of headlight, air box, battery, and battery tray. You've got it easy.

Last edited:

Back