96 800 two problems

Hammer Down

1- put new speedo cable on , old one was broke at speedo but still doesn't work.
2- coolant puddles in pan,small leak somewhere. Where can I find pressure tester for coolant system. Auto stores have but r too big for cap

check for a rubber seal on coolant overflow bottle under the cap, sometimes they go missing and some coolant will escape there

You can also check the speedo and see if the square end is rounded out causing the new cable not to xping the inside. Also not sure if its the same as an SRX but under the speedo housing on the bottom there is a key way there that might be broken as well. Check both ends where the cable slides into. Easy way to check speedo side is to put a drill on the lower side and run it in reverse. That should have enough speed to turn the speedo about 10 mph. If that test proves out I would check under the housing at the jack shaft. Thats where mine was broke. Long winded info hope this helps.

:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Good advice. Used drill on reverse took speedo to 20mph. So cable and speedo good. Hope the speedo bearing isn't toast.

Back