TPS question

John W

The Yamaha manual gives you an ohm reading range to test the TPS. The TPS is adjustable when mounted on the carb rack, I understand that there is also a voltage reading that you can take from the tps. Obviously the voltage reading has to be taken when the sled is running, so which wire or wires are the test ones out of the three. Can anyone tell me what that voltage reading should be and any better performance results if it is changed? Any help in this is certainly appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the ohm values. Does it list a voltage to set it to also. You could use a TPS tester such as one from Polaris, or make one yourself. If you do a search for TPS tester you should find a number of links that can tell you how to easily make one. I think I'm going to go this route.

4-6 ohms with the neg lead on the grey/black and the pos lead on the red/yellow terminal. Another given is neg to same grey/black and the pos lead to thegreen yellow and push the throttle lever slow and it should read0-5 ohms. As far as the voltage someone with more knowledge than I will hopefully answer this one...Hope this helps

The ohms value that the manual give are for resistance, unplug the sensor and test the prongs. As far as how much to open the throttle the manual doesn't say but I would think that they mean open slowly to wide open.

Back