Vmax4 clutch cover...tall or short?

Guys I am looking for a little direction on this. I have a cover off one of my older primary clutches and wondered if someone would know the answer.... if I measure the height in the center I find it is pretty close to 1.5" while sitting flat on a table....is that tall or short?

thanks

The tall cover balloons up over the bushing while the short cover is
More flush to the bushing. If you want pics I have both sitting on my shelf. Pm your number and I can text. The short is about 1-3/8 and the tall about 1-5/8. Easier to tell from a picture

Just as Hammer Down explained the "tall cover" ballons up see first picture compared to second picture of short cover:

if there is any confusion, the tall cover is stamped underneath 8df-00. short cover are 8bv-00. most vmax4,s came with short cover. tall cover was 1999 and newer yammie triples. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
97 sx had short also. Part number 8df is 98 srx 600. That was the year tall covers came out. Was only on srx I believe cause my 98 xtx 600 still had short

the short covers will work with tall cover sprngs, that actual was a nice little trick for grass racing because your engagement did increase. with that said, there can be binding issues. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

Back