800 Cdi

toydoc said:
If your jetting is right with the 750 cdi, its fine with the 800 cdi swap

I agree...
There may be a slightly different timing curve on the 800 CDI but the biggest difference/advantage of the 800 CDI is that it does not have a rev limiter like the 750 Box. This allows you to rev higher to take advantage of porting, pipes ect.

sideshowBob said:
Yup...
94 750 is a plug and play with 800 CDIs
92 + 93 750s will require some wiring adaptation to run 800 CDI

Nailed it. Exactly! I rigged up a patch cord for my 93 with an old 92 CDI I had left over. I didnt have to alter any wiring just hook up the patch cord and plug the 800 CDI in. If I want to put a 750 CDI back in just unplug the patch cord and plug in the 750 CDI, very easy.

I sold Ted this CDI and it was already converted to the 750 plug. I pulled off a running 92 Vmax 4--- so will plug and play!

ILVmax4 said:
I sold Ted this CDI and it was already converted to the 750 plug. I pulled off a running 92 Vmax 4--- so will plug and play!

Should work great for you!
If you could get a complete 800 exhaust system as well it would finish it off nicely!

sideshowBob said:
Should work great for you!
If you could get a complete 800 exhaust system as well it would finish it off nicely!
I've got PSI quads, 800 secondary w/fast trail clutching, new skid, track, studs. Plug and play. Hammer effin' Down!

Back