Heel clickers

Hammer Down

So, I was at the sno. show last night and talked to the heel clickers couple.they were very informative. I was curious becuz I have seen many references to these on TY. They told me it was a great mod for a stock srx700 trail sled and to use stock secondary. I am considering this because of the ease of install. Anyone use these in a stock srx700. (1998)? This is strictly stock trail sled with no other
Mods.

Very good clutch weights they're more of a drag race weight but they can also be tuned for a real fast trail setup. You wont be disapointed in them, the only problem is there not a top speed weight you'll max out at about 100 mph or so but you'll get there very quick

I agree and disagree. My experience with them is that they do transfer so much power that you will have to re-align your motor more often. I had a set up on my srx that was the quickest I've experienced on an srx, and yet it would pull to well over 110 mph, but I couldn't find the exact top speed, because I had an overrev due to too shallow end angle on the helix. I have a new helix and will try again. The biggest drawback is trying to find traction. Your sheaves will have to be in excellent condition, so you won't blow them. The forces they produce are over most stock weights.
How can I sum this up, be careful what you wish for, with these weights.
I am not saying that these weights will beat any other weights all the time, there might be applications where other weights beat these, but in general, from my experience, they transfer more hp to the track. You will need another helix.

I have them on a piped viper.

Be prepared to take your clutch off and readjust the wieghts a few times.

If you want top speed, you need a helix. Depending which holes you put the weights in, can be set up for more acceleration, more top speed or a mix of the 2.

i have ran the heel clickers on a 2001 and 2002 srx. They are ok. I can beat them with 8bu-10s everytime in a drag race or top speed run. We have done extensive testing on this product. I say save your money and load up some 8dn-20s and you will be happierband have much better durability/life expectancybfrom your clutches

Much is in the set up. Heelclickers have screws and bolts instead of rivets.

heelclickers are far less time consuming to adjust than yamaha weights. If i was to do purchase them again i wouldn't hesitate

I would run any of these weights in a srx any day of the week over heel clickers:
8bu-00
8bu-10
89a10
heavy hitters

now in a piped viper, I would run these any day of the week over heel clickers:
8ca
8ab
heavy hitters

lol.......ya, they are no good.

ironicly, timers and track dyno's dont fib........h/c produce the lowest et and most track hp period. No other weight can produce or equal the belt clamping power.
That is.... just like someone previously noted, you have to be set up and that includes the chassis/suspension to harness that power!

I would note to the original poster, you certainly wont get good results with the stock 47 degree helix and the 40-10's, youll need a differnt multiangle helix.

Don arnt 10-40s just like a 10 series polaris weight with adjustability?

Jon
What do u guys think of STM super x weights??

If so I'm going to track dyno in two weeks what heel clicker would u try for a 77 440 mod with 105-110 hp. Probably 36-40 gram

john my 77 was a stocker. and like we talked i played with comets on mine, that dose seem to be the range you need to be at. 3:16 (yammie tony)

So from what have read for top speed the HH are the best. Can you set the HH up for more acceleration instead of top end?

But the HC seem to be only for racing apps. I do not care as much about top end as laying a whoopin on my buddies as we cruise the trails. :-) so the HC seem to be the best choice for that? And with a little work I can get a respectable top speed out of the HC.

If I use the HC can I set them up with the stock helix and then just change the helix or would I have to adjust the HC after I change the helix?

I went through the Yamaha way of adjusting the weights when I first bought the sled. I spend to much time pounding in the rivets going for a run, back to the garage drill them out without damaging the weight etc etc etc. But I did get it at exactly 8300 everywhere which was nice.

Thanks

And then I read a post "heel clicker customer support" One guy complained about his lack of service and warranty support and no one disagreed or defended him just told their issues with them. I guess I will go with HH not going to take a chance on rude customer service with no warranty from defects.

i like the ease of adjusting the weights. you can lower your engagement by adding weight to the heel. i had to tap my HC weights for the bolts to go in easier. get some loctite. spring very hard to get on. get a long bolt, nut washers to compress the primary spring. i have a 51/43 dalton helix with green spring. on my Vmax700sx.

Last edited:
I would run any of these weights in a srx any day of the week over heel clickers:
8bu-00
8bu-10
89a10
heavy hitters

now in a piped viper, I would run these any day of the week over heel clickers:
8ca
8ab
heavy hitters
I know a old post but would this be in a drag race also or just trail riding

Back