Anyone who has upgraded there SX with viper shocks please help

Sx700

Can anyone who has upgraded they SX with viper shocks please help me out. I need to know what you set your shocks at (spring tension). And what did you do with the transfer rod? ANY help PLEASE!!! THANKS :yam:

With The Transfer Rod Did You Buy The Spacer That Goes On The Viper Transfer Rod? I Believe That It Is 5mm And Tou Will Need It.the Other Thing That You Will Have To Do Is Buy The Viper Limiter Straps...other People Have Said That You Can Extend The Ones That You Currently Have...i Could Not...it Would Not Allow Any More Adjustement.as Far As Setting The Springs..how Much Do You Weigh? Later>>>

I just put in a set of Viper ER shocks in my 01 700 SXR. Only ridden it once, but it seemed real nice. Definately a little softer than the stock sxr setup. As far as spacers and setup, I left everything the way it was on the stock sxr setup, except for a Maxx Performance W arm, as my stock one was cracked. Limiter straps and transfer rods (I have Bender TS3's) are set as they were for the sxr setup. Again, only one ride, but definately more compliant over the rough stuff. I also have a pair of Ohlins piggybacks up front......I think I may set the rear shock up a little stiffer as I now am riding the FRA in the stiff position because the middle position seemed a little soft, so I will screw it in a little to get me back to the middle FRA...

I haven't ordered the the straps or the spacer yet haven't gotten a chance to go to yamaha yet, I weigh 200 pounds

at the same time inspect all bushings...odds are good that they need to be replaced

Back