SXViper torque limiter kit

TimeBomb

for those of you that have installed this kit, i see it doesn't come with instructions so could anyone tell me how to install it? any pictures? thanks

I've got the dogbone torque stop and when I installed it I loosen all 4 motor mounts put my center distance tool on the jackshaft and set my bolt center distance at 10.6" with the motor in perfect parallel to the jackshaft. Then I tightened up all 4 motor mounts and checked to see if it shifted and sure enough it pulled toward the jackshaft by .10" so I repeated this procedure setting it at 10.7 center distance and tightened everything up and sure nough when I remeasured it was at 10.6. Then I put the u-plate on the motor and the other plate on the subframe and put the bolt through the subframe plate firstand turned the dogbone couter clockwise to where it lined up with the u-shape plate on the motor and installed the bolt there and locked down the jamnut. Is this a good procedure guys?

It mounts behind the motor on the clutch side. there is mtg holes in the motor to bolt it to and a hole in the alum plate between the clutch and the motor that the other bolt goes through. it is in a real tight spot right near the carbs and valves. you are going to bang up a few fingers. once you figure out where it goes it will pretty much explain itself. i put mine in a year ago so this is about the best info i can offer. cant see the sled it is in a different state. sorry!! make sure you have your engine / clutches aligned!!!
hope this helps

Back