Michigan trail pass

alswagg

VIP Member
Is there any way to order trail passes for Michigan trails. Online ordering would be best and then be able to have mailed. Anyone know???
THanks Al

Doesn't seem to be working? I think its a screwed up site, says permit is good 9/1........trails don't open till 12/1. You can get them literally any where. If the DNR link doesn't pan out I am sure one of the trails clubs on line may mail you one

Man I sure wish trail passes in Ontario were that cheap! If you buy before nov 1st it's $180. After that I think it's $240. I do buy it willingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you can find trail passes just about every convinience store there is. But, I was hoping to get all the stickers for our sleds while prepping. I just found out, we can renew our cars, trucks, boats, sleds, ect ect ect online in Indiana. Easy as can be. I was just hoping Michigan would follow suit. Thanks again Al

Man I sure wish trail passes in Ontario were that cheap! If you buy before nov 1st it's $180. After that I think it's $240. I do buy it willingly

LOL $260 for regular current sleds. Classic sled (older one are $180). If they were that cheap everyone here with a sled would buy one in the event they wanted take a little ride knocking about their cottage or local roads. But at $200+ its quite another story, they sneak the ride crossing onto other non official paths of which there are plenty of in Haliburton where I used to sled.

It no wonder OFSC and Skidoo are both advertising heavily on the radio. The numbers are down on these.

LOL $260 for regular current sleds. Classic sled (older one are $180). If they were that cheap everyone here with a sled would buy one in the event they wanted take a little ride knocking about their cottage or local roads. But at $200+ its quite another story, they sneak the ride crossing onto other non official paths of which there are plenty of in Haliburton where I used to sled.

It no wonder OFSC and Skidoo are both advertising heavily on the radio. The numbers are down on these.

Um.. No. It was $180 for regular pass before November 1st, which is what I got.
I was wrong on the 240 part.

Regular permits:
$180 before nov 1st (which I got)
$210 before dec 1st
$260 after that.

Classic permits:
$140 before dec 1s1
$170 after that.

If you're living in a snow belt, North Bay area, Ottawa, etc then buying early makes sense. You know you'll have snow and likely lots of it. That does not hold true for southern Ontario though. Many years there is very little and even last year wasn't enough for a base or even grooming. You could run on it when it was fresh but you cut down to the ground and rocks very quickly and the sun clears it in a few days gone. That's what its been like for most years around here. Even close to Bancroft I went it was barely passable without killing the skis and track. Mild as well for the sled. Far far from an optimal for general cruising ride. You had to be cautious and careful since the holes, logs, rocks were not covered or buried.

Hmm, we are going out this afternoon to test run the Viper and SXR's. We have plenty to test run here in Indiana. I know Michigan has more than enough in several areas. Al

Hmm, we are going out this afternoon to test run the Viper and SXR's. We have plenty to test run here in Indiana. I know Michigan has more than enough in several areas. Al

3-12" every where I have ben (Antrim/Charlevoix/Otsego counties) Suprises me HOW MANY sleds I have already seen out running around!

I recieved a full set of Michigan trail passes today. The MSA shipped these out very fast. Very impressed. Thanks again Al

i run north bay alot and it was great! the trail passes are expensive but, we do have a lot of trails and infrastructure that goes into them so its well worth it imo. i even ran out of uxbridge a few times last year on a sunday, here in ontario and i didn't find it THAT bad. but i have to agree, snow conditions are not what they used to be.

this winter looks like it is shaping up good, lake nipising is already frozen over, london ontario had almost 70 cm of snow in some parts and it has been below sesonal average for the last few weeks! maybe a come back year?

I still think Michigan is the best place to ride in. We routinly ride Minnesota, and Michigan. With vacations in Colorado and Wyoming. Still love the trail system's of Michigan.

I was in the Secretary of State office last week to renew the registration stickers on my sled and I wanted to just get it all taken care of and asked for a trail pass and they said they didn't sell those here. They suggested I go to Meijers or someplace that sells hunting licenses. huh?

BTW my registration was only 30 bucks, but my trail pass is 45. lol

I did get to rip up and down the road a few time up north, since we had some good snow.

They suggested I go to Meijers or someplace that sells hunting licenses. huh?

I've purchased the trail permit at Meijers before in a pinch. The permits are typically available at the big stores that have a sporting goods dept, powersports dealers, MSA, and other small businesses that support snowmobiling/hunting/ORV etc.
One thing I did notice with the Meijers permits, is they came off of a roll of stickers instead of being a separate/individual sticker, and the size was slightly different. The separate stickers were a little narrower & longer, while the roll stickers were a litter wider & shorter. The difference wasn't much, +/- 1/8" or so, but if you put the stickers on top of each other every year, may want to "stick" with the same style sticker...

Back