1994 Yamicat

stain

New Viper got nothin' on me. Here is my 1994 v max 4 with an Artic Cat ZL skid installed. Sled also has a Bender wide front end, Bender fat pipes and a Wilwood disc brake. I removed a Bender Pro-Max rear skid when I couldn't find parts/support for it
. vmax skid 2.jpgvmax skid.jpg

Looks good, and guessing it rides great! Put a ZR skid in my Viper before it hit 2500 miles....a very welcomed mod after riding Pro-action skids since their 96 beginning!

Would like to know how that skid works in the Vmax 4/, contemplating a Mono skid which has gotten good ride reviews from another member on this site, but never got any reviews for a ac skid, did;nt that skid require a bend up in the tunnel twords the back/ cat called it a EET travel ? just wondering if it will hit the rear exchanger in the v4

I havent had any issues with not having a tipped ETT tunnel in my Viper and I have somewhere around 5000 miles on the set-up. Only down side to the Cat skid was quality.....seems Im always replacing or repairing parts from the skid

Doo SC10-3 skids are strong, light, and transfer well also. The added bonus is all new bushings only runs about $30. The bogie bearings also come out with a snap ring. I always liked the tip up tunnel on the Cats. I thought it looked cool when it came out.

I chose the Cat skid mostly because of my familiarity with it and there is an old dealer 1/4 mile from me with a ton of spares.

Back