Indiana Sno Mo registration's

alswagg

VIP Member
I just renewed all 5 sleds for an additional 3 years. $32.64 per sled $163.20 for Indiana, and $225.00 for Michigan. $388.64 for the sleds. $48.62 for the trailer. So for this year starting out, we have over $437.00 for just registrations. Hmmm. Can't wait till the snow really starts falling. Al

That's alot of money to buy the entrance ticket to the trails. I register two sleds in NH ($90 each) and Quebec ($360 each) so i've spent $900 before I even get on the trails!!!! I try not to think about the costs given my limited sledding budget.

Jim

Do you register the sleds in Indiana as well as Michigan? I am pretty sure valid Indiana registration and MI trail sticker and your all set. Went looking and this is all I could find on the DNR page

• Snowmobile Trail Permit In addition to registration of a snowmobile in Michigan or from another state or province, a person who desires to operate a snowmobile in this state needs to purchase a snowmobile trail permit sticker.

Yes, we register our sleds in Indiana as required and buy a Michigan trail permit. The Indiana registration is good for 3 years, so really not bad. In Indiana, we don't have many trails at all, so we don't have a trail permit. When we travel to Minnesota, we also buy their trail permits as well. We skip Wisconsin.

You guys got it cheap. If you did not do more than one state it would not be that high.

Ontario nails us big time for the few weeks we do get good trails if we're lucky. I don't believe there was a trail south of North Bay that had enough to even groom them.
I was at the cottage last week and after some real cold weather (-12C) and even the Friday I got there it was -12c with about 4" of heavy stiff snow or very firm. It would have made a good starting base. The lakes were freezing over with the sustained cold. However, like previous years a weekday event which was all gone by Sunday with the green green grass everywhere. Out with the lawn mower. LOL

Yesterday in the city we hit +16C, spring temperatures so I am sure what frost there was is long gone. Someone said it was going to be a good year for sledding. Yeah, where so I am hanging tough, no trail pass, registration or insurance at least until I know I have some riding that can be done above the rocks, roots and gravel or dirt of the trails.

Back