MN TY Ride

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I'm hosting the ride this year. I think that the weekend of Feb 6-9 will work. Does anybody have a problem with those dates? So far the plan is to run out of Ely this year. At this point I just want to make sure that Feb 6-9 will work. Let me know.

Hmm, 8hr drive. Sure would be fun I bet. One of these years I'll make a TY ride.

The dates are set, February 6-9th! I just talked to my friend who owns Creek Ridge Lodge on White Iron Lake by Ely. The rooms are $79 a night. They have only 6 rooms but if we need more I have a house not far from there that we can use. I will call them back tomorrow and confirm the date with them, then I will post the phone number.

Last edited:
I put on 380+ miles on the Iron Range over the weekend. I rode from Side Lake to Chisholm/Hibbing then to the Nashwauk area and back on Friday night, then on Saturday we rode from Side Lake, after stopping by The Grizzley1s garage for some quick welding, (Thanks Dan!) up to Cook and over to Tower then Ely and Babbitt, then back to Side Lake. The only really bad spot was a stretch from Babbitt on the Taconite West spur to the Iron Ore Trail. That's a pretty rocky area and you couldn't see a lot of rocks, but you sure could feel them. Other wise the riding was very good. Lake Vermilion had a lot of slush, but the ride was OK as long as you didn't try to stay right by the stakes. The way the weather is going we will be having a great ride!

Back